Monday, April 6, 2009

Rotten Eggs

Morning Dish
Scrambled egg, ham, and mozzarella sandwich

Evening Dish
For the past year and a half up until two weeks ago, I never considered taking the highway home regularly after work. Outside of spring, summer, and winter breaks -- when school buses are off the roads and college students out of town -- I assumed the stretch of MoPac from campus on up to 183 was as packed as [insert clever simile here]. Lamar to 45th to Burnet to 183 was my afternoon commute until a coworker who lives farther north of me said, "It's not as bad as you think at 5 o'clock." And I leave work at 4:30. If x equals 7-10 minutes multiplied by most work days during this past year and a half, then x is a chunk of my life I'll never get back. Dare I take MoPac in the morning? To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment