Thursday, March 12, 2009

Welcome

Morning Dish
2 potato, bacon, and egg breakfast tacos

Afternoon Dish
Hi! What better way to introduce myself to the blogosphere than thru the once rampant Facebook meme I never participated in, "25 Things..."
  1. I like puns, hence the title of my blog.
  2. I like eggs, hence the title of my blog.
  3. Fright Night was to me what Twilight is to some of you; my fascination with vampires began a long time ago.
  4. I am a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
  5. Nearly 40% of my life was spent in three long-term relationships.
  6. I'm 25.
  7. I am an avid country music listener.
  8. In my last year of college, I acquired a credit card and proceeded to carelessly rack up $4,500 of debt.
  9. Within the first six months of my current job, I aggressively paid down the debt mentioned in no. 8 to zero.
  10. I enjoy watching a variety of sports.
  11. I enjoy playing a variety of non-contact sports: golf, fishing, bowling, shuffleboard, billiards, and darts to name a few.
  12. I won my middle school spelling bee only to misspell hygene hygiene in regional competition.
  13. In addition to the freshman fifteen, I put on a sophomore, junior, senior, and 5th year senior fifteen as well.
  14. I like to think no. 13 may be mostly attributed to muscle mass.
  15. I also like to kid myself. (See no. 14.)
  16. I am prone to breaking or losing good, expensive cell phones I own; the crappy, cheap one I have now has lasted for quite some time.
  17. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. (See no. 2.)
  18. I actually like MS Office 2007.
  19. I cook.
  20. I'm a side sleeper.
  21. I was born in California, spent much of my early childhood in Germany, and have been living in Texas ever since. I consider myself a Texan.
  22. I have been smoking cigarettes regularly since spring 2003. The habit is currently back to where it started -- only when I consume alcohol.
  23. My friends and I formed an aspiring rap group called The 254 Pinoy Boyz; we were on Napster once upon a time.
  24. Replacing my headlights was the furthest I got to "hooking" up my 2001 Honda Prelude. A head-on collision in high school changed that. (Dare I say blessing in disguise?)
  25. I played with such reckless abandon as a kid that ER doctors reported my parents to CPS on several occasions.
Up until now, I managed to avoid the "25 Things..." phenomenon. Seeing as how I finally caved, I can just picture some adolescent girl exaggeratedly saying in a Hills-like voice, "That was so 5 years ago." You know what else was so 5 (and counting) years ago? Me writing anything that didn't involve documentation, code, case studies, technical specs, project deliverables, business correspondence, etc. I blame myself, seeing as how in the time between my last few years in college as an MIS major up until now, well over a year into my IT gig, I never made a conscious effort to pen a paper outside those occupational realms. Call it a lost art I'm trying to find. Goodness (Google Reader Trends) knows, I read enough online posts; now is the time to start writing some.


1 comment: